UPDATED ON 3/25/20 AT 3:15PM
March 25, 2020, 3:15pm
Our New Normal
While you’ve been adjusting to your new normal at home, we’ve made a few adjustments as well that we wanted to share with you.
- Worship gatherings are available only through online live streaming on Sundays at 9:30am and on demand. Gather your family to worship, pray, and learn with us.
- Connection groups have moved to digital platforms. Each group leader will be communicating how your group will be meeting.
- We’ve created digital resources for online engagement, connection groups, parents, kids, and students.
- If you have needs or prayer requests, let us know. You can also text your requests to 319-318-6334 any time.
New Digital Resources
You may be wondering how to stay connected and what spiritual community looks like during these times. Here’s how we’re going to help.
- Sermon Application Podcast: Each Monday we’ll help you make Sunday’s message practical and applicable to your life.
- Facebook Bible Reading Plan Group: We’ve created this online environment to help you engage in God’s Word. Follow our Bible Reading Plan and share what you’re learning and how God is challenging you daily. Join us in week 12.
- The Salt Company: College students will be gathering only online at 8:00pm on Thursdays.
- Resources for Parents and Kids: We are providing online resources for you to help you engage your kids spiritually. There will be a video Bible lesson, discussion questions, and craft and activity ideas for you to lead your family through each week.
- Veritas Students: We are continuing to provide resources, including a weekly Wednesday night Zoom meeting and breakout “rooms” for connection groups. If you are not currently receiving student emails and want your child to engage this way, please email email@example.com to get the latest information.
How You Can Help
We are thankful for your heart to serve others during this time. Here are a couple practical ways to love and serve our community and church.
- Serving Opportunities: If you want to help meet practical needs, please email your availability and/or specific gifts and resources to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Give: There are families that are financially impacted by COVID-19. You can give to our general fund to help come alongside and support those struggling during this time.